Be part of our team.
- Internships 2024 | CFD and Aerodynamics
Catesby Projects are looking for passionate and dedicated engineering students to join the team on a year-long placement, starting in Summer 2024. At Catesby Projects we support customer programmes across a range of international sectors including: motorsport, automotive and elite sport. From concept phase to final design, working at Catesby Projects will be varied and challenging as we push engineering boundaries across multiple sectors.
We are looking for two interns to support our engineers, on both new and existing programmes, as we grow our team to meet demand. Previous experience in using CAD software is beneficial but not essential.
- Working on a range of applications including elite sport, automotive and motorsport
- Work will predominantly be based around vehicle aerodynamics, mainly computationally
- Processing of geometry changes and assisting with CFD model setup, analysis and write-up
- Assisting with surfacing requirements
- Working in a multi-disciplined team, which may involve helping with other areas such as 3D printing and 3D scanning
An Engineering student with a passion for a variety of Engineering disciplines
Currently studying at a top university with a relevant degree, eg Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering
You will want to work on a variety of applications in a small but growing team. A hands-on attitude and desire to ‘get stuck in’ is essential
What We Offer in Return:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Your working environment will be in an exciting new innovation centre, metres away from the Catesby Tunnel Aero Research Facility
- Potential for future recruitment post-graduation
- You must be available to start in Summer 2024
- You must be currently studying an Engineering-based degree at a top UK University
- Projected grades of at least a 2:1 are essential
- Have a right to work in the UK
For applications, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted no later than January, with placements beginning July-September 2024
- Vehicle Test and Support Engineer | Catesby Tunnel
At Catesby Projects we support customer programmes across a range of international sectors including: motorsport, automotive, and elite sport. From concept phase to final design, working at Catesby Projects will be varied and challenging as we push engineering boundaries across multiple sectors.
We are looking for an engineer to support our customers during testing at Catesby Tunnel. The engineer will help customers in the lead up, during and after tests. This could include:
- Helping plan tests for both automotive and motorsport customers.
- Installing, specifying and calibrating sensors or hardware.
- Creating test plans to ensure the smooth running on the day.
- Support on test day for running and checking data.
- Assisting in formal procedures such as WLTP coast down.
- Being a point of contact with our customers.
- Data analysis and report writing.
You will have a minimum of 4 years experience in automotive or vehicle development and a relevant degree from a top university. Experience in automotive certification and testing would be a distinct advantage.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is ideal for someone wanting to take a step forward in their career whilst working on a diverse range of projects in a rapidly growing company.
- We are looking for someone to help develop and improve the services we can offer in house, so a desire to want to grow the business and services we can offer is essential.
- An engineering degree with relevant industry experience and a passion for a variety of disciplines including motorsport, automotive and elite sport.
- You will have a minimum of 4 years experience in an automotive or motorsport environment.
- Experience in automotive testing, legislation or homologation would be advantageous, WLTP coast down would be ideal
- Experience in working with various sensors and data logging solutions.
- Experience in data processing and report writing.
- You will want to work on a variety of applications in a small but growing team. A hands-on approach and desire to ‘get stuck in’ is essential.
What we offer in return:
Structured career development paths, 25 days holiday + bank holidays. Your working environment will be in an exciting new innovation centre, meters away from the Catesby Tunnel Aero Research Facility.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to start in the near future (<2months).
For applications please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a permanent position, no agencies or contractors please.